Lactation Consultants of Great Britain (LCGB) is the professional association for International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLCs) in the UK, a professional voice for breastfeeding. LCGB is a not-for-profit organisation.
This statement explains how LCGB uses the personal information we collect from you. We may make changes to this policy so please check from time to time for any updates.
We will only collect your data through the following mechanisms:
- Joining LCGB as a full or associate member
- The LCGB mailing list electronic form
- Printed-out mailing list sign-up forms
- Registering for one of our events
- LCGB conference sponsorship application
How we use the data we collect from you:
- We will not share your data with anyone outside LCGB
- We will only add you to our mailing list if you have given your consent for us to do so.
- We will use the details we collect to keep you informed about our news, events and sponsorship opportunities.
- We may contact you about our events which you have signed up to via Ticket Tailor or Eventbrite or by other means.
- We will keep your contact details on our mailing list until you unsubscribe.
- Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features as far as possible, to prevent unauthorised access.
- We will dispose carefully of any paper copies of information no longer required.
To maintain a high level of security LCGB :
- will ensure access to mailing lists is limited to only those within the organisation who need it.
- will log out when task finished.
- will make sure confidential information is stored in password protected files or a locked container.
- will keep computer passwords private.
- not allow anyone another member’s password.
- will use memory sticks and external hard drives with care.
- will dispose carefully of any paper copies of information which are no longer required.
Third party software tools
Third party services collect certain technical information from your device including standard internet log information i.e. Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, and page interaction information.
We use a third-party provider, Ticket Tailor and Eventbrite to manage registration for our events. See https://www.tickettailor.com/privacy-policy/ or https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/eventbrite-privacy-policy?lg=en_GB
- You have a right to withdraw your consent to be on our mailing list at any time by completing the Unsubscribe-from-mailing-list form, clicking ‘Unsubscribe’ on the bottom of MailChimp emails or emailing email@example.com. You have the right to have inaccurate data corrected. Please let us know if your data is inaccurate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to access information held about you. Please email email@example.com if you would like to request this.
- If you have any questions about this policy, we will be happy to talk to you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email address: