Welcome to the Lactation Consultants of Great Britain website.
LCGB advocate for improved infant and maternal health through;
- skilled breastfeeding, infant feeding and young child feeding support.
- ensuring women and their children have access to the skilled support they need to enable them to reach their breastfeeding goals.
- providing training and opportunities for learning and development for practitioners working in the field of infant and young child feeding.
- promoting evidence based practice and practice implementation of national guidelines.
- engaging in national activities, government consultations and policy development on infant and young child feeding and appropriate, safe food for all babies.
- advocating for the full implementation of the WHO Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes.
IBCLC lactation consultants are recognised throughout the world as holding the premier global credential in breastfeeding. An IBCLC can help with both basic and complex breastfeeding challenges. IBCLCs are regulated by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE) and are required to re-certify every 5 years.
LCGB’s members advise and consult on practice and protocols related to infant feeding in the UK and work in a wide variety of situations and at every level using their specialist skills and knowledge.
Find out about what’s new in LCGB, including LCGB’s responses to media stories and some of the current work our IBCLC colleagues have undertaken.
Here you will find information about our membership offers, conference info, resources, up-coming education and training opportunities. LCGB welcomes members and associate members from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Use our search facility to find your local IBCLC by entering your postcode. You can search by distance and refine by category: Voluntary, NHS or Private.