LCGB is affiliated with the International Lactation Consultant Association, so full members can get reduced ILCA membership fees. Click here for more information on the benefits of joining ILCA.
The minutes of the LCGB 2012 AGM held at the Genesis Centre, Alfreton, Derbyshire, are available to download here.
Next meeting of LCGB is Tuesday 10th July, at the Square Pig, Holborn, WC1V 6NX. All members are very welcome to attend. Please send any items for the agenda to me by 12th Jan. Sally Etheridge.
Memo to members from meeting 15th January 2013
LCGB would like to congratulate Carol Walton on being awarded an MBE for Services to Midwifery and Breastfeeding in Wales.
Carol will be going with her family to the palace on 7th March to collect her award, and we are all very proud of her,
and wish her a fantastic day - maybe passing on a few tips!!
- Jill Dye and Clare Meynell attended the World Breastfeeding Conference 2012 in New Delhi, India, in early December.
Reports will be published in forthcoming Treasure Chest; Jill will also be reporting on some of the highlights and presentations at
the next LCGB meeting in Manchester, Sat 2nd March - more details below.
- LCGB Conference 2013, Manchester, Friday 12th & Sat 13th April - Speakers to include Barbara Wilson-Clay and Diane Wiessinger:
bookings beginning to come in.
- BFI conference feedback - LCGB stand attracted a lot of visitors, many asking for information about the exam and becoming an
IBCLC - does LCGB need to reconsider its role regarding how we reach prospective candidates and what information or courses we
may wish to provide?
- Association of Tongue Tie Practitioners - the new organisation has been formed, with its own website - www.tongue-tie.org.uk - up
and running, though not yet complete.
- World Breastfeeding Trends Initiatives (WBTi) - this is a tool for countries to self-assess their performance on a range of
breastfeeding initiatives, for comparison on a global scale. Helen Gray is collaborating with representatives from all areas of the
breastfeeding community to compile a profile for the UK. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have provided information at Health
Department level, but finding a representative for England from the DH/Public Health regarding breastfeeding is proving challenging -
no names have been forthcoming. If any members have suggestions, or are interested in working with Helen on this exciting project,
please email her - email@example.com
- Regional LCGB groups - Trish Molinari, LCGB's Education And Study Day Coordinator, is compiling a list of members who are willing
to act as contacts for regional LCGB groups. The East Midlands Regional Group was the first regional group to hold a meeting, in September
in West Bridgford, Nottingham. If you would like to find out more about regional groups, or would like to consider being a regional contact,
please contact Trish - firstname.lastname@example.org
- LCGB goes North-West!! Next LCGB meeting will Saturday 2nd March, 11am - 3pm, at the Earth Cafe, 16-20 Turner Street, Manchester M4 1DZ.
Tel 0161 834 199, www.earthcafe.co - all members welcome, lunch available from this vegetarian Buddhist cafe, morning to address LCGB business,
afternoon; Jill Dye's presentation on the World Breastfeeding Conference
- Other LCGB meetings 2013
- AGM - Friday 12th April, LCGB Conference 2013
- Monday - 3rd June, Square Pig, Holborn (subject to confirmation)
- Friday 6th September, Possible regional meeting, TBA
- Tuesday 12th November. Possible regional meeting, TBA