Membership of LCGB is open to International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (full membership), and any others interested in the care of the breastfeeding mother and her baby (associate membership).Associate members may not vote, but have all other rights of membership.
Associate Membership is appropriate for:
- Individuals studying to become IBCLCs
- Midwives, public health nurses & health visitors
- Practice nurses, paediatric nurses & neonatal nurses
- Paediatricians, obstetricians & GPs
- Health promotion specialists
- Parentcraft/antenatal educators
- Students of the above professions
- Educators and researchers
- Breastfeeding counsellors & peer supporters
Benefits of membership include:
- Inclusion in LCGB online ‘Find a local IBCLC’ directory
- Member’s discount at LCGB conferences and Study Days etc (see website)
- Opportunities to gain continuing education credits (CERPs)
- Treasure chest: A regular LCGB e-newsletter to keep up to date with activities and continuing education
- Networking and support, through regional LCGB meetings
- Library of up to date professional books and conference recordings to borrow for a small fee
- Opportunity to apply for bursaries to attendevents and international conferences such as ILCA and VELB/ELACTA
- Representation on national and international breastfeeding committees and consultations
You can apply online if you wish to pay by PayPal or by downloading the PDF version of the Membership Form if you wish to pay by Standing Order or cheque. There is also a Standing Order form to download. Membership runs 1st Jan to 31st Dec each year.
New members who join after 1st October each year are given complimentary membership for the first 3 months, so their annual subscription will be for for fifteen months.
PLEASE NOTE: From 1st October 2015 the annual membership will be £35 for standing orders and £41 for payment via cheque or paypal.
Contact us with any queries